Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The upside to being on the bottom

Yes Second Post same as the first (not really keep reading)
The upside to being on the bottom is something I just came up with but its been a constant thought as a Children's Pastor. It seems at times that Children's Ministry can take back seat to other ministries. I write this because I don't believe I'm the only one that has ever or continues to feel this at times. But here is the thought that I have in the middle of all of this feeling. in the Bible JOB strived to live about reproach and I feel as if we must be the example and not exempt from things. I know that sometimes we may take a back seat but take the back seat like no one has ever and lead to the best of that position as possible. I have always believe that Children's Ministry should lead the way but in order to do that we must first be held accountable in the little things. My wife fusses at me from time to time b/c she thinks at times I'm being walked on but then she says I know your just trying to do whats right. I think thats what we need to focus on is whats right. Its painful, it hurts our feelings and our egos, but we must constantly strive to live above reproach, to live as an example no matter what seat we take, so that when it comes time that God blesses us or our ministries we are ready for what is coming and we can be held accountable.

Side note, devo's this morning were great Proberbs 3:21, don't lose sight of planning and insight!
Thats awesome, I've heard it said if you fail to plan you plan to fail. PLAN, PLAN, PLAN

No comments: